The Atlantic Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not him again!

3 posters

Go down

Not him again! Empty Not him again!

Post  sotired Sun May 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Hahaha.

Now I can bug you on another forum, Jag!

Although by the looks of it, it may just be us two. Our own personal forum?!
sotired
sotired

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Not him again! Empty Re: Not him again!

Post  DJ Jaguar Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 pm

lol!

Yeah, it's definitely pretty dead in here. You know how people are, they won't post unless others are. Well, except you. At least it's a place for me to use as some kind of a website while I'm promoting the station. It has it's value though I'm not sure how many others actually bother at this stage.

We've got to stop meeting like this. People will 'talk'. (Not that I give a shit.) scratch

Actually, glad someone is adding some life to this place.
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-02

https://atlanticunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:31 pm

a) I'm not normal "people"!

b) Let them talk.

c) As I'm the only voter, you have to change the Air Atlantic Underground image to the one I selected.

Hahaha! (can't get the emoticons to work)
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:42 pm

sotired wrote:a) I'm not normal "people"!

b) Let them talk.

c) As I'm the only voter, you have to change the Air Atlantic Underground image to the one I selected.

Hahaha! (can't get the emoticons to work)

A) Yes, I know. affraid

B) Yes, maybe we'll actually get a little more life in here. What a Face

C) Well, I guess that I'll have to start using that one a little more often. I use them as fill in covers on Air Atlantic Underground when no album cover is available. Sure beats a blank. drunken

Go into your profile and make sure you have Smiles ON. You may also want to turn on BBCode and HTML if they aren't enabled.

Funny, when I came into this thread, Sennen started playing. Must have known that Norwich was in the house.
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:26 pm

DJ Jaguar wrote:Funny, when I came into this thread, Sennen started playing. Must have known that Norwich was in the house.
Haha. Yes, I know the Sennen boys very well. Seen them every time they've played a hometown show for the past 3 years or so. Very nice guys; always have time for a chat, even if I'm mortally drunk and offensive!!

Still can't get the Smilies to work, even though everything is on that should be. I'll keep on trying. And please don't use the "Affraid" smilie with regard to me again; I might get offended!

(as if)
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  The Trans-Atlantic Underg Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Arrow Question

Well, I came in though one of my accounts that doesn't have any kind of administrative authority in this part of the forum to see if it was just some sort of administrative privilege. The smilies are working fine.

Even went into the master site for the forum to see if I had some sort of control deactivated for users and it all is set up to allow all members to use them.

Three things: When you post, under the smilies box, does it show smilies as being 'ON'?

Also, just below the post box (after you hit 'reply'), you will see some options. Is there a check in the 'Disable Smilies in this post' box? If so, uncheck that.

Lastly, go into your Profile again. At the top, click on Preferences. Slide down a good ways and make sure you have the correct box selected to allow smilies.

If none of these help, I'm lost.... affraid

I guess you do know that you can't see them until you hit preview or post.

On another note, Sennen are pretty cool... even though I had to edit two of their songs together because they sound like one song. Either that or they would have been floating around in the Atlantic as two totally different songs; one with a very obvious premature ending and another with a big wtf just happened!? begining. Now it sounds as it's meant to be.
The Trans-Atlantic Underg
The Trans-Atlantic Underg

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 pm

YAY! cheers Got 'em!

It was my fault not yours! Had not enabled Firefox No Script for this page. A friend told me to download it, for whatever reason, but it has been nothing but a pain in the ass ever since, and I can't seem to get rid of it. Must do something to help or protect or... ?

Sorry I wasted your time investigating this. Embarassed Rolling Eyes
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Well, I'm glad you got that sorted out.

No problem. At least I finally got around to uploading an avatar for my other profile.

Now I can just sit back and enjoy all the RAIN :::::::::::::::::::::::: Sad It's making me this Sleep
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:45 pm

In a supremely bad mood!!! Evil or Very Mad

Had enough of forums... See ya. Not coming back! Sad
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am

Damn! Guess I'm talking to myself then. Nothing new.

Finally made it home and had to take care of family matters and other issues only to then come in here and read this. Crap. Now I'm down.

Hope it's nothing serious. Just a foggy cloud passing over and that you are back to your old perky self soon! sunny
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 pm

Perhaps you'd like to fill me in on what the fuck was going on in my head last night?? Because I sure as hell don't know!!

Got home from a gig, which was a good night by the way, and I write that! Probably thought it was funny, or something! It's the demon booze, obviously. Had waaaay too much, and on a "school night" too. Have felt utterly terrible all day, and it is fully deserved!

So sorry to freak you out. You know I'll never leave you, don't you? Laughing

(Damn, I also deleted loads of stuff for you to read upon your return. Mostly nonsense, but still....
Did you see the puppets, though?)
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:53 pm

sotired wrote:Perhaps you'd like to fill me in on what the fuck was going on in my head last night?? Because I sure as hell don't know!!
What a Face You're asking me!? I barely know what's going on in my own mind half the time. Okay, pull up a coach and start spewing and Dr. Jaguar will help you out.

sotired wrote:Got home from a gig, which was a good night by the way, and I write that! Probably thought it was funny, or something! It's the demon booze, obviously. Had waaaay too much, and on a "school night" too. Have felt utterly terrible all day, and it is fully deserved!
You go to a gig and you don't tell me who you saw? For shame! No Seriously though, you know I'm a music junkie. Who did you see?

As your virtual bartender, you are now being rationed. Cut back and drink a glass/bottle of water between each drink. Start with the water now... without an alcohol chaser. Hope you feel better soon!

sotired wrote:So sorry to freak you out. You know I'll never leave you, don't you? Laughing
Yes, I know... or, at least, there was some wishful thinking. Glad you wised up and came back.

sotired wrote:(Damn, I also deleted loads of stuff for you to read upon your return. Mostly nonsense, but still....
Did you see the puppets, though?)
Okay, that does it. Time to reach into my little magic bag of forum owner's controls and disable the deleting of posts function. Suspect (Nah, don't worry. I would never do that as I'm not that much of a control freak.)

They were pretty good for puppets. Honestly, I've never liked puppets. Goes way back to childhood. Don't know why. I especially liked the hand controls when the woman was snapping her fingers.

Now I want to know what I missed out on! Question
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:33 pm

How do you break up the messages like that, for individual replies to certain points? I can't find a way to do that. (I know, I know: "forum novice"!)

Regarding the bizarre "reaction" the other night, I just think that I'm in a lethargic rut at the moment, and am angry with myself for not dragging myself out of it. For the last couple of months I haven't picked a book off the shelf to read, I haven't picked up my guitar to play, I haven't even played many CDs from my collection of 2000+. I just get home and lounge around, and perhaps write rubbish on the forums (well, 2 forums!) which is hardly creative or constructive. I need to get off my ass, and do something!

Something other than going out and getting trashed! I was so "out of it" the other night that when a friend (equally trashed) suggested we go and dance down the front for the last couple of songs, it seemed like a great idea! Rolling Eyes . It was a local promoter's night, whom we know and support. Mostly local acts, so it was a good social night, but the main band were from Liverpool, called Wave Machines. Electro / indie dance type of stuff, who were pretty good; but not good enough to be dancing down the front like a loon!!!

On the alcohol front, bad time to cutting back or having a break or.... as from tomorrow we have here in Norwich our annual Hot City Sounds festival. 9 days solid of gigs by local bands, of which I've worked out that I'll be out most nights. I've got an "access all gigs" wristband.

http://www.myspace.com/hotcitysounds

If I survive, I'll let you know how it went, how I coped, how messed-up I got etc etc. Wish me well...
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 pm

sotired wrote:Regarding the bizarre "reaction" the other night, I just think that I'm in a lethargic rut at the moment, and am angry with myself for not dragging myself out of it. For the last couple of months I haven't picked a book off the shelf to read, I haven't picked up my guitar to play, I haven't even played many CDs from my collection of 2000+. I just get home and lounge around, and perhaps write rubbish on the forums (well, 2 forums!) which is hardly creative or constructive. I need to get off my ass, and do something!
I know the feeling. I use to be a voracious reader but don't read like I use to. It's been killing me trying to get through "The Golden Bough" by Sir James George Frazer. It's one of those books that I've decided that I'd like to have read within my lifetime and have put it off for far too long. Though it's interesting, it's ridiculously long. Something like a thousand pages of reading about cultures who cut peoples heads off and parade them around on a stick; nailing chickens up on the sides of barns; women letting their hair down and after soaking it with water, shaking it all over the place as a rain charm; not being allowed to say someone's name for fear of some ill fate; killing kings because they can't get it up anymore; roasting people over spits from other tribes after letting them feast for about a month. Then there was some woman named Turkey Bustard. She was from one of those lands where they had to change the words for common items because it was used as someone's name. Talk about planned confusion! About 4/5ths through and should just put my mind to speeding through the rest of the way. Next book will be a short one!

sotired wrote:Something other than going out and getting trashed! I was so "out of it" the other night that when a friend (equally trashed) suggested we go and dance down the front for the last couple of songs, it seemed like a great idea! Rolling Eyes . It was a local promoter's night, whom we know and support. Mostly local acts, so it was a good social night, but the main band were from Liverpool, called Wave Machines. Electro / indie dance type of stuff, who were pretty good; but not good enough to be dancing down the front like a loon!!!
Well, at least you got some exercise. bounce

sotired wrote:On the alcohol front, bad time to cutting back or having a break or.... as from tomorrow we have here in Norwich our annual Hot City Sounds festival. 9 days solid of gigs by local bands, of which I've worked out that I'll be out most nights. I've got an "access all gigs" wristband.

http://www.myspace.com/hotcitysounds

If I survive, I'll let you know how it went, how I coped, how messed-up I got etc etc. Wish me well...
Looks like fun. All you really have to do is stretch your drinks out some and drink things like water, juice and sodas in between the alcoholic drinks. Believe me, you will feel much better.

Would like to see Sennen and the Hungry Audio DJs. Don't know much about all the others. Hope you have a blast... without getting blasted. clown

sotired wrote:How do you break up the messages like that, for individual replies to certain points? I can't find a way to do that. (I know, I know: "forum novice"!)
Easy. All you have to do is surround any given text with the proper code. Hit the quote tab on any post and you will see what to surround it with. You don't have to leave the text as is. You can manipulate it to box up anything you want. When multi-quoting, you will have to type in the correct coding but you can see it once you hit the tab. After awhile, you'll learn the codes and won't even need to look.
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: