The Atlantic Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image

2 posters

Go down

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image I_vote_lcap0%Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image I_vote_lcap0%Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image I_vote_lcap100%Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image Empty Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image

Post  DJ Jaguar Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Thinking about maybe changing the Air Atlantic Underground Radio image. Please vote for your favorite images. (You may select more than one.)

Thanks!
Jaguar

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3070775831_0047990822_m
Deep Wave

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071612350_449d163830_m
Old World Eurogaze

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071594874_60a9216394_m
Atlantic Seltzer Water

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3070758489_61bb4320e4_m
Transparent Radiation

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071575400_707c3e5f89_m
Psychedelic Guitars

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071575372_f3b3cc057e_m
Peyote Cake

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3070739159_67cf9f88d6_m
Pennsylvania Barnstormer

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3070739129_1200316f8c_m
Ornate Atlantica

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3070739089_243e5046df_m
Atlantic Fossil

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071575230_6f83a90ef0_m
Floral Swirl

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071575204_3fdff0d233_m
Curly Qs

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071575184_c46d53ab0b_m
Cool Cookie

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3071575150_8d1ae3296c_m
Antique Lace

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 3073307753_dae297d90b_m
Atlantic Eye
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-02

https://atlanticunderground.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image Empty Re: Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image

Post  sotired Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:40 pm

You still haven't changed the station image to "Atlantic Seltzer Water", as per my request / vote.

I want it at the top of the page. No, I demand it at the top of the page! Evil or Very Mad
sotired
sotired

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image Empty Re: Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image

Post  DJ Jaguar Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:21 am

Wait until I get home. At the beach right now...looking for a job and helping out my mother. (No luck on the job. confused )

Maybe I'll go up the street and kick some water so a tidal wave will come your way. It will be nice. That is, if the sun comes out and if it ever fucking stops raining!!!!! Have been here about 2 weeks and had 2 decent days the whole time. Even then, there was rain but at non-interfering times.

Saw a really cool air show featuring the Thunderbirds. Yeah, that all fits this thread. An air show flying over the Atlantic. Surprised
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:58 pm

DJ Jaguar wrote:Saw a really cool air show featuring the Thunderbirds. Yeah, that all fits this thread. An air show flying over the Atlantic. Surprised
What, the puppets on strings?! confused I didn't realize they did real air shows. Did you dream this? Or what hallucogens are you taking?

Hope the weather clears up for you. Especially since you implied that you are looking for a job on the beach. Lifeguard? Baywatch babe???

Seriously, good luck on the job front. Doesn't DJing pay the bills these days? Bloody economy!

(incidently, I live on the east coast of the UK, so you'll have to kick bloody hard for a tidal wave to reach me!!)
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 pm

sotired wrote:
DJ Jaguar wrote:Saw a really cool air show featuring the Thunderbirds. Yeah, that all fits this thread. An air show flying over the Atlantic. Surprised
What, the puppets on strings?! confused I didn't realize they did real air shows. Did you dream this? Or what hallucogens are you taking?
Have no clue who the puppets are but no. These guys -> (Click for the Thunderbirds)
I love flying stuff. They were practicing all over town on the Thursday and Friday before the weekend of the show for about 4 hours straight each day. I just flipping loved all that very loud sweet droning. It was like a flying My Bloody Valentine concert. On Thursday, one of the Thunderbirds flew so low and directly over my mother's condo that I was surprised it wasn't dragging roof with it. Scared the shit out of us even though we knew what was going on.

Over the weekend, I got to see a Thunderbird and an F-18 Hornet just about reach transverse speed. Unfortunately, neither were going fast enough to create a sonic boom but they do fly fast enough so that you could clearly see those atmospheric doughnut rings behind them that the speed creates just as it's getting ready to break the sound barrier. Fucking cool!

Which reminds me, I need to re-upload to the station Future Pilot AKA's/The Pastels version of "Hurricane Fighter Plane".

sotired wrote:Hope the weather clears up for you. Especially since you implied that you are looking for a job on the beach. Lifeguard? Baywatch babe???

Seriously, good luck on the job front. Doesn't DJing pay the bills these days? Bloody economy!
Lifeguard!? HA! Nope, not my style. Hoping to find a bartending job but would settle on waiting tables. Something where I can make some tips on top of a shitty paying job. They all pay nothing but, at least bartending, I have a chance to add some money in 'my' pocket. In America, customers are expected to tip bartenders and waiters. Sucks on the customers' end but maybe I can pay rent if I can get some tips. The bad part of that, because you make tips, they pay you just about nothing. In fact, some literally pay nothing. You do it hoping to earn some tips. Use to tend bar years ago in a rock club and liked it. In this case it would just be some crap bar. No rock stars. LOL. Have had my fill of that anyway. I just need some damn money! Between the economy and the weather, the various establishments are cutting back because the people just aren't coming down (to the beach). When they do, they are cutting costs by staying in and doing their cooking and drinking in their rented condos. It's not looking good.

Btw, speaking of Bay Watch, I have a little David Hasselhoff story that might make you laugh but I'll save that one for later.

Regarding DJing paying... HA!!!!!! As I mentioned before, I don't make one red cent on this station. If anything, I pay lots and lots of money of my own to do this. Besides paying for the station itself, I also have to buy most of the music I stream. Not into illegal downloading so all is on the up and up. Sure, some bands occasionally send me a CD or some MP3s (which is greatly appreciated) but the majority of the music has been purchased by me. The advantage of that is that I can air whatever the hell I want to air without the pressure of some corporate entity.

Probably my biggest exception to the above statement is when I have another DJ doing a show. They do have to send me MP3s that I work into a slot that is their show. They pick and chose what they want to air and I set everything up. Scott from Northern Star Records has been a great asset to the station. Not only does he provide lots of good music but he is a great influence to have with the station. It's kind of a win/win for both of us where we sort of scratch each other's backs, musically speaking.

sotired wrote:(incidently, I live on the east coast of the UK, so you'll have to kick bloody hard for a tidal wave to reach me!!)
Yeah, I know. I'll just have to do some extra special footwork so that when it hits the UK, it flies up and over the country and lands in the sea on the other side of the country and makes a 180* degree curl so it then waves up on your shore. (Cue up a some Ventures. Maybe a little "Pipeline".)
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:42 pm

OK then...

I think it may be time for the David Hasselhoff story. I need a good laugh!
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Okay. Well, it really isn't funny or all that much but here goes.

David Hasselfhoff and I use to go to school together. He was much older and I didn't know him or anything but it was a very small school. About all I remember is him coming up to me one day at lunch and asking me what I was reading. I was only a little girl and he was a teenager. Guess he started early scouting Bay Watch babes. study geek
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Aha! I wasn't that far off the mark when I suggested your "dream job". You've been thinking about that red swim costume since you were a little girl! hahaha

So, is the Hoff from Baltimore, then? Or are you not a native?

Good story. Although I was a little disappointed. I was hoping that you were going to say that you'd "had" him. Now that would really have made me laugh!!!
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:20 pm

sunny Love the beach but red isn't my best sun color. Too much Euro-mutt ancestory causes too much clashing. Certain blues and lime greens like me better. I don't even like green but I've learned to make friends with it because it likes me. Except Kelly greens which make me want to puke and it shows if I try to wear it.

Don't really know his history but he did live in Baltimore for a bit when he was young, less than a mile away from me. Have heard he hates Baltimore and refuses to ever return. Can't say I blame him in the least. Honestly, my mother knows more about this than I. If it weren't for her, I would never have realized that that guy was the Hoffmeister. Not a fan myself but I'll admit that I did go through a period of being addicted to that show. It was all very weird. Had nothing whatsoever to do with the story or anyone on the show. (Btw, this was before I realized this was my old school ... whatever you want to call him.) It had to do with all of those shots of the ocean. There was something about it that was totally soothing to me. If I couldn't be at the beach, at least I could zone out watching all those waves on tv. I've even been to Hawaii and unless you go to the other side of the island by Turtle Bay, it often looked even better on tv. Honolulu didn't do much for me but I absolutely loved Kaui.

"Had" him? Hell, no!!! I don't want him! Not my type. He's all yours.
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:11 am

DJ Jaguar wrote:"Had" him? Hell, no!!! I don't want him! Not my type.
(Wearing sunglasses in the house this morning. And not because it's sunny! I forgot to take your advice last night.)

So, because I'm hungover and thus fearless (you might call it impertinent, but that would be just you!)...

What is your "type"?

Some hunky beach dude (who isn't the Hoff, obviously)? Some skinny indie kid (with his skinny jeans hanging off his bones)? Rock God with tattoos up to his eyeballs? Shoegaze band member?

On that point, I'll admit to a bit of a boy crush on Mark Gardener when I was younger; when he was in Ride, when he had hair! And not in a gay way either; I just wanted to be him, I modelled my hair on his, etc etc

I don't mean "in a gay way" as a prejudiced comment, before you pick up on that! I have absolutely no prejudices whatsoever. I would be considered a "lefty" in that regard. Or a "Communist", in your country. Back in the day, I would have been hunted down by McCarthy, and burned at the stake (they did do that, right?!). Persued by the KKKunts, and hung from a tree. But I'm not black, so.... Where the fuck am I going with this??? No idea, personally. One of those drunken streams of consciousness; I love them.

Ooh, post's here. Let's see what I've got......... Why have I been sent a tech house CD from a club in London that I went to once, a long time ago? How random!! Must have jotted down some details at some point. At least it's gratis, I suppose. I wanted The Fauns CD from Michael, but this will have to do for today. Let's get dancing, then..........
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:35 am

First I've heard of wearing sunglasses indoors due to a hangover but I guess that makes sense. I've got this personal philosophy that if my time of miserary outlasts my time of pleasure while drinking, then it just wasn't worth it. I'm a drinking lightweight. Love the various arts of drinking but often can't handle the effects. Gets me nauseous way too easily (even before a good buzz sets in) or puts me to sleep. Whiskey especially will put me to sleep even before a buzz hits. Wine is probably the easiest thing for me to drink with beer being the most difficult. With that said, I do like drinking a whole variety of delights from the bar. Love the art of mixology too.

My type? Not even sure these days. At first, I always lean towards sleek shaggy rock (in the most general sense) guys but tend to end up with engineers or draftsmen. It's really down to an individual thing regarding the whole package. Don't like tattoos and can't stand ripped muscles. Don't like facial hair either though there are the few exceptions. Long bushy beards are a real turn off. I can get past a couple tattoos but massive muscles is a major turn off for me. Totally gross! Toned muscles are nice but nothing more than the longer, stretched muscles of a ballet dancer. Back in the day, Rudolph Nureyev was major A list perfection. In fact, I use to have a French boyfriend who looked a bit like Rudy, minus the toned muscles. I also like those heroin chic guys, minus the heroin. And no, not the dickhead Pete Doherty type. No coke heads either. Those bastards always put their nasal habits first and foremost along with it turning them into cocky assholes.

Actually, I'm a tad bit ambidextrous. Seriously though, I'm neither right nor left because I've evolved to the level of seeing the illusion that has turned into, short of a few social issues. Even then, some one way; others, the other. Both are controlled by the very same damned evil puppet masters who have no one's best interest at heart other than their own intensely greedy elitist murderous thieving agendas. But that's a whole other thing. Fucking pig scum bags!

Is the CD any good? You probably got on some mailing list for the good kind of 'junk mail'. Nothing wrong with that.
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 pm

A)... I truly cannot believe that the period of misery could EVER outlast the outstanding pleasure of alcohol !!!!! Grow some bones, Miss Jag!

B)... As you've told me yours, I'll tell you mine. Even though she burned out tragically early, dying at the age of 28 in 1971 (I was barely born!), my all-time crush / heroine / style icon is EDIE SEDGWICK. I just love her! I try to model my life on hers, without the ridiculous Class A drug consumption, obviously. How much of a social butterfly she was, boho lifestyle, etc. I commemorate her birthday and "deathday" every single year, without fail. And because of this "addiction", no girl I ever date meets my standards. The flaw with being in love with a dead girl, I guess. Not that I would ever have met her if I were her age, but that is strictly not the point here! It's about fantasy and redemption.

C)... I haven't even peeled off the cellophane wrapping of the Techno CD, let alone played it. I doubt I ever will; it seems more precious this way.

(I'll tell you about the Sennen gig on the other page, when I get round to it. Feel really "spaced-out" tonight, and am very bored of typing right now!)

(By the way, I truly appreciate the black background to this forum. It doesn't hurt my eyes at this time of night like the other one.)

xxx
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:38 pm

A) My bones are very healthy, except when the arthritist kicks in which is a real pain. It's the stomach that I don't have which is all fine with me. Besides, other than relaxing my nerves a bit when I'm a bit edgy, it's never relieved me of any problems. Only creates more. Just makes me a staggering, blundering, sick idiot with the same baggage of problems with less of an ability to solve them. In fact, other than the occasional light buzz, it only creates problems. scratch

B) Edie did have her glamorous side. Of course, she had the massive trust fund and hung out with the right crowd at the right time which enabled her to magnify her iconic potential. I think her professional Vogue shots were the best. A lot of them used her for her trust fund but, in turn, she got from them what she was seeking so I guess that all balanced out. Sadly, it was all to her demise.

Don't know if you know this but when she was a teenager, her parents sent her to a boarding school here in Baltimore. St. Timothy's School for girls is only about 5 or 6 miles from where I live. Apparently, she hated it and ran away (or something like that) which is why her parents then pulled her out.

Have you seen the film 'Ciao!, Manhattan!'? Saw it a long time ago so only remember a little of it. I must warn you, if you have yet to see it, be aware that it may be very jarring for you. It has the potential to shatter that image you have up on a pedestal. It sure blasted mine apart. What a mess!

You know how young Mark Gardener was your want to look like role model? Well, mine is/was Nico. Young Nico, that is. Got to meet her once after a show a couple years before she died. She was outside standing along the street and blended in with the other dregs in the neighborhood. By then, she just looked like any other very average woman on the street of her age except taller. By then, she was washed out looking, her hair was a long, ratty and unhealthy reddish dark brown and she had plumped out a bit. Not obese but she could have stood losing a good 30-50 pounds. With that said, it's not like I really have any room to talk. It's just that she wasn't the beauty she had been. Was talking to the promotor about a week or so later and he told me that she had him running all over the place scouting out heroin for her. He also told me he watched her shoot up 6 different times that day. Very sad.

C) I fully understand. I've got some very obscure dronie Psychedelic CD like that. Guess I should open it. Probably something nice and special to air on the station that no one else has.

D) Looking forward to hearing about the Sennen gig.

And yes, one of the reasons I use a black background is because I too find them much, much easier on the eyes. afro
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Completely, absolutely lost as to how to reply to all that, so let's just go with the A B C s :

A)... If your bones are healthy, then grow a stomach! Only joking, of course. Was very upset to hear that you suffer from arthritis at "our" age (you are about my age, aren't you? {read back to calculate my rough age. I have done the same with you, after all!}) Even with my massively unhealthy lifestyle (copious alcohol cosumption, still smoking far far too many cigarettes, previous dabbling with recreational drugs), I still haven't "been found out yet"! I just guess that the horror is still to come!.....

B)... My Edie. I was fully aware of her whole life history, and have several books about her glamorous / tragic lifestyle. BUT, none of them have told me of the "Baltimore connection". (I've made that read as a Mafia type operation! Apologies!) I would certainly have mentioned it to you before, if I had known. So a massive THANK YOU to you for providing valuable information for me.

As for "Ciao! Manhattan"; yes I have it on DVD, know all about it's making, and indeed it is a truly depressing watch. The only in bits that I "re-visit" now is the 1967 footage (when she still had the cropped haircut, and was absolutely gorgeous); the 1970 footage with her as a fucked-up drug addict with surgery-enhanced breasts justs makes me cry! Serious exploitation on behalf of the film-makers; shame on Messers Palmer and Weisman, although they were probably too "bombed out" at the time to realize what the fuck they were doing, either!!

Have you seen the film "Factory Girl"? It stars "our" (as in English) Sienna Miller as Edie, and a bloody marvellous job she does of it too! Has the accent down-pat! A touch of film-making artistic license in there (ie. non-truths); so I went to see it expecting to hate it, felt totally the opposite, and left in floods of tears!

B) section 2)... You met Nico!!! WOW! How cool is that? One of the icons of the late 20th Century, I might suggest. And you met her??? OK, if I had lived in Manchester UK in the late 80's, as she famously did, then I might have too; but I'm certainly not going to rain on your parade! Kudos!!! Icon, but not a singer (even though I love her Teutonic tone; especially on her solo stuff with the wheezing harmonium backing:"The Marble Index" and "Desertshore" albums, in particular), but still...

Although, you cracked it! Your bangs looked better on you (from "that" old photo) than hers did on her! My hairstyle was just a pale shadow of Mark's swept bangs. (it helps to be as good looking as Mr Gardener, of course!)

C)... You haven't even opened a psychedelic drone CD? The Shame!!! The fact that I haven't opened my freebie CD is that I would find it tremendously boring, as I've moved on from all that. Let's qualify that: I've moved back to my first love, which is the psychedelic drone. So open it, and send it to me in a zip file!

D)... There was a D, wasn't there? .......Oh yeah!!! (Just got my memory back!)

The apallingly attended Sennen gig. Well, it was a Sunday! And people round here are not as sad as to have a week off work to attend gigs, like I have!! Did I just say "sad"? Of course, I meant "committed". (Now where is that emoticon that expresses: SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SCENE OR FUCK OFF! ?)

They "topped and tailed" the set really well! Opened with "I Couldn't Tell You" (the first track from Widows), and the ender was "Just Wanted To Know" (the psychedelic rock gem from Where The Light Gets In). The issue was with what was in between! A totally unnecessary cover of New Order's "Bizarre Love Triangle", and a load of new songs from an apparent new album, on which they seem to have ditched Shoegaze! I just hope that they have recorded these tracks with a million more effects pedals than with they played them live!!! Neutral

Is that all? I think so. Very difficult to tell at this time of night! (3.15am, as I write this. Will probably be 4 when I've finished editing!) Although I think I've become nocturnal this week; gigs every night, my very good friend Al K Hol with me every step of the way, no work to annoy me, etc etc. Gonna be a total bitch next week when reality sets in, and I have to suffer daylight!!!

PS... Isn't "Nocturne" by Siouxsie and the Banshees the best live album ever released?

PPS... Is it right and proper that we conduct our elicit love affair on a public forum, rather than the private message service that is provided especially for that type of thing??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PPPPPS... That is by far and away the longest post that I have ever sent! Short by your standards, obviously. But it took hours!!! Hours of my life that I'm never gonna get back! No regrets, though. Although I will probably delete PPS if I get back to it before you read it!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:05 pm

A) The arthritis is mostly in my spine. Causes bad backaches that then turn into massive headaches. Have to keep myself stretched and manipulate the joints and muscles a lot because of all the sublexation. Have a pretty good handle on it. Sometimes I have to break out the drugs, mostly ibuprophen or something over the counter. Have had it for years so I've had a chance to learn how to manage it. I was pretty young when it started. More people have it than they realize. They just haven't been diagnosed with it.

Depends on your parameters of 'about'. Let's just say that I'm younger than Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth) but older than Rose Berlin (Spc-Eco). I'm ageless, like Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger, minus the lust for blood (unless it's a good very rare steak Twisted Evil ) and her classic beauty. I've even experienced the nightclub scene in that film, complete with Peter Murphey swinging like a bat from the ceiling during a Bauhaus performance. That scene could have been a slice of life right out of the rock club that I use to tend bar in.

B) Read it in one of my books. You probably have it. Edie: An American Biography. From what I remember, technically, 'Baltimore' is not mentioned. What they do say is that she was sent to a girls boarding school, St. Timothy's in Maryland. Of course, I was curious so I did a little researching. (I LOVE the internet!) Turns out it is exactly where I suspected. You will notice that it says it's in 'Stevenson, Maryland'. That's actually considered part of the Greater Baltimore area and is within the Baltimore County limits, not meaning to confuse you. The strange part for me is that I had never heard of the school previously. Even after reading the book, I still never hear anyone talk of it and that's after spending some time as a teacher myself! Must be one of those ultra-snob places that the elite prefer to keep to themselves.

In defense of the filmmakers, they were just doing the same thing that ol' Andy was making money on and how he ultimately defined a generation.

No, I haven't seen 'Factory Girl' yet. Had wanted to but never got around to it. Honestly, I had since forgotten all about it. Thank you for the reminder because I defintely want to see it sometime.

B - 2.) Yeah, I met Nico. Met John Cale a couple times too. Believe me, Nico's bangs were a billion times nicer than mine. In fact, her rotting corpse probably has better bangs than I. But thank you for your very kind words.

Agree with you about Nico's voice. Regardless, I use to enjoy listening to 'The Marble Index'. That was back when I use to listen to a lot of Roxy Music, Eno, Ultravox and all that other New Romantics and the like stuff. You know, 'the early days'. Smile

C) Okay, I guess it's time to open that CD. It has this strange packaging which is another reason I kind of saved it for some special listening time. It's in a flimsy 5x7 cardboard sleeve that is then placed in a heavy plastic cover bag. Suspecting that it will only be mediocre music but will be a treat to find out.

D) Too bad about the Sennen gig. At least you got some of the really good stuff. Both their CDs are an odd mix of Gaze and gentler Brit Rock. I was trying to explain them to someone the other day and had a hard time of it. Yeah, let's hope they just left their effects in the studio!

PS: Way too many great works of art out there to pick a 'best'. I"m not really sure what I'd pick. Good call though.

PPS: Let 'em talk. Then maybe we'll get some action in here. Razz

PPPS: You did a good job! Take your red pen out and give yourself a check +.
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:33 am

Only doing B) tonight. Have been at an after-party serving home-made wine (you must know the stuff?! Tastes just like honey, makes you fall over incapacitated after only one glass!! "What the fuck is going on?" territory.) drunken

Yes, I have scoured my very thumbed copies of "Edie: An American Biography" ("Edie: American Girl" in the original US edition)(I have both; it's exactly the same book, but with a different cover)(these things are very important, you understand!), and of course you are correct; Baltimore is not mentioned once. Didn't think so; I practically know that book off by heart!

Feel a touch livelier now, so I'll continue...

In the spirit of "A New Look, A New Outlook", I had my hair cut this week. I fancied something different! Gone is the shaggy Mod mop, that I've sported for years. It got cut shorter than I wanted (why is it that hairdressers never listen to a word you say when describing EXACTLY what you want them to do!!!), and after crying for half a day, I got on with "dealing with the situation". I soon worked out that with a nifty sweep, I could totally channel the Jean Seberg style pixie crop that she sported in "A Bout de Souffle". Very Cool ! Nouvelle Vague indeed!

Actually, she might run Edie close in the "Most Loveliest, Most Coolest, Best Haircut, Most Tragic Icons of the 1960's/ 20th Century/ EVER!" Academy Awards Category. Plus she had other attributes: she famously supported the Black Panther Movement, she lived in Paris (she is buried in Montparnasse Cemetary) and spoke French etc etc

Hence, I have got myself back into a creative streak. Even read a book this week (the latest Douglas Coupland), and am half-way through another (an unauthorised Cat Power biography), and I feel so much more alive. Makes me want to creatively write myself.

Only, as you have read over the last few months since we "met", I am not a writer! Wish I was; "Author" would be my dream profession. Not interested in being a "performer" of any kind (scary!); I would love the anonymity that an underground author has. No money in it, obviously, but what the hey; money isn't everything!

xxx

Sleep now.......
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Oh, Sotired, I am so tired. Sleep Was out late last night with friends. So, I might not make much sense and this will be a lazy post.

Seems I've heard of that wine but haven't the pleasure of ever tasting any. What I was told was that they make this wine somewhere in Europe (Germany, I think but could be France) that is of a much better quality that they keep for themselves. It's not exported. Hey, I don't blame them. Heard that you don't taste the alcohol. It's smooth and fruity so you have to be careful or you'll drink too much. AKA: 'wtf territory'. Though I do very much love a good wine, not sure if I would like it if it tastes like honey. I usually don't like the taste of honey. Way too sweet for me. Don't like my wines sweet either unless it's a nice dessert wine complemented with a nice plate of good cheeses and appropriate fruits. Of course, there are always exceptions in my life.

Guess I'll have to travel to Europe to ever get that chance. To date, my biggest unrequited wish is visiting Europe. Would absolutely love to visit anywhere in Europe, all of Europe, even just for a week but preferably longer. With all of the suckage in my life, doesn't look like that will ever happen. Too much redistribution of wealth; meaning, the fucking banksters have stolen everyones' money and are filtering it up to the already mega rich.

Haircuts can often be tramatic, especially when a scissor happy hairdresser attacks your head. That's partly why I never use them. I cut my own hair. Have been ever since I was a teenager. Can't trust them. Having straight hair, I've found they have this mindset that's it's a very easy cut so they rush through it only for me ending up with uneven hair. Fuck it! I can do it myself, better, and for free. The bangs can get tricky but, over the years, I've learned what works best for me. In fact, I'm snipping at those things every day to touch them up.

Okay, I need to see before and after photos of your hair. You've seen mine.

Glad to hear that you're back on track. Was a little concerned about you there for awhile. You seemed to be spinning out of control for a bit.

Sounds like you have a thing for tragic females; the 'femme fatale'.

Don't worry about the publishing side of writing. That will just block up your mind and flow. Just start writing, be it a full piece via a Word program, small snippets that might merge into a whole or work as standalones, or even just a journal. If you get the meat down, there are editors who refine things for you. You'll never be an underground author if you don't write but if you write, something may come of it. Start a blog or something to get you in the swing of things.

The link I posted for the Edie book is exactly the one that I have. Well, it reads on Amazon to be. No cover photo posted. The one they had with a cover wasn't mine so I settled on being more accurate. Yes, like you, those things do matter. study

Ugh, I need to wake up. Not tired enough to take a nap yet too toasty to do much of anything. Maybe I should make dinner. Ugh... I don't feel like it.

Could use a little sunshine except sunlight makes me sleepy. The curse of the nocturnal! sunny Sleep

Be back later looking for those pics. Idea
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:11 pm

DJ Jaguar wrote:Okay, I need to see before and after photos of your hair. You've seen mine.

Be back later looking for those pics. Idea
Hahaha...You're not going to "get" me that easily, young lady!

There is absolutely no chance of me posting photographs of myself on the internet. Who do you take me for? If you are so egotistical as to do that, for the likes of me to find, then that's your fault! I personally like to hide behind the "Beauty of Anonymity" that forums allow. Besides, I may well be 60 and bald, and all this is an elaborate wind-up. (I'm not, and it's not, as it happens!)

(That sounds really suspect, now that I read it back. I am NOT an "internet groomer", Web Police!)

Seriously, I hate having my picture taken, and don't own a camera of any kind. I even refuse to buy mobile ("cell" to you) phones with cameras on them. So I don't actually have any photos of myself anyway, even if I felt so inclined to post any! You'll just have to use your imagination.

As for the wine conversation, perhaps I didn't word it very well. All I meant was that it was "home-made" wine, made by one of the girls' parents or relatives or something! And I didn't mean that it really tasted of honey (that would be vile!); it just slipped down really easily, but was of lethal strength! It is probably pretty nasty when one is sober, but I wasn't at the time, so it seemed OK. (Ooh, you are playing Indian Jewelry again. Cool ) I have absolutely no idea what "exclusively European" wine you were going on about!!! My taste in wine is normally / generally very delicate; favourites are Burgundy (pinot noir) and Beaujolais (gamay), but I'll drink just about anything when drunk.

Just as you have never been to Europe, I have never been to the USA. Much for the same reasons, as it happens: Money, and the lack of it. Let's get saving, and we can do a cultural exchange program. I'd like to go to New York City, and where can we send you?..... Of course, Paris! Lovely city, and you already speak the language.

Speak soon. bounce
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:21 am

A) What? Are you afraid that I'm going to steal your soul or something? affraid

B) Uh, huh. Now who's ego are we really talking about here? I think thou does protest too much. That's okay, I've already found your picture. Vote For Your Favorite Air Atlantic Underground Image 24
I've also seen it on MySpace: Sotired .... and heard your band: Sotired

Understand where you're coming from with the camera. I too absolutely hate having my picture taken because the camera usally hates me. You've seen some of the only rare few that I can deal with. But, I'm not so freaked out that I won't own a camera. All you have to do is make sure you stay on the other side of it.

Yes, for all I know, you could be laying eggs instead of waking farmers up. Of course, though you've seen some photos of me, doesn't mean that you would recognize me in person. On a number of occasions, I've had those who know me in person, not recognize me. I tend to be a weird mix of consistent yet cameleon like. scratch

You can email a photo to me. No one else will see it.

What about a drawing?

(Whatever letter) No, don't think it was your explanation. Probably me. I was very sleepy and don't think that my reading comprehension was up to snuff. Just made me think of that wine that I had heard and read about. Years ago, I use to only like reds, when it came to wine, that is. After a little more wine drinking experience, I realized that it all had to do with drinking cheap wine. It's not too hard to stomach a cheap red but a cheap white is unbearable. At the time, everyone around here was raving about all this Sauterne that was all the rage. Not my favorite of the whites. Worse yet, the biggest fans were drinking it out of a box!!! How disgusting!!! You know how when a well aged bar acquires a certain rank stench from all of those years of beer sopped up in everything? Well, that's what that shit tastes like! Now I very much like both reds and whites, providing they aren't like those imitation wines I just mentioned. Depends on my mood, what's available, if it's with a meal and such, whether I select a red or a white. Then again, there are a whole lot of cocktails and liquors I like. Then on the odd occasion, a beer. Actually, there is a very nice bar along the beach in Delaware that knows me as Pernod & water on the rocks. (That's how a bartender thinks.)

Yeah, Indian Jewelry is pretty cool... and very twisted! geek Much like you. (Running my ass out of here. Twisted Evil )
Very nice to know that you actually listen! cheers

A cultural exchange program sounds good. Now, if we could only save up enough. LOL. NYC is great. That place really resonates with me. Weird how I always run into people I know whenever I've been up. Everyone always thinks that I'm a local too. You would love it.

Oui, Paris! Moi? Je ne peux pas parler le français.

A votre sante! drunken
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sotired Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:06 pm

As you finished your last post in French, I will start by saying:
"Happy Bastille Day!"
So, what would that be, then: "Jour de Bastille heureux"? Probably not; let me look it up....... Well Wikipedia says that in France it is known as "Fete Nationale", "Fete de la Federation", or simply "le quatorze juillet". Ah, it also says that Baltimore has a large Bastille Day celebration each year at Petit Louis in the Roland Park area. Did you go?

How cool. A celebration of kicking out the scumbag royalty and becoming a republic! Why can't a revolution happen here? "Salut!" to the French. That reminds me; Scott's latest Northern Star compilation "Revolution in Sound" arrived today. Very nice indeed; great cover!

Moving on. Jesus Christ!! I am going to have to change my online moniker. I share it with a 101 year old drawn person in wrap-around shades from Michigan, and worse, a cheesy covers band who raid the fancy-dress box from Massachusetts!!! Oh, the shame....
Very very sad of you to look this up, by the way; but it made for a good laugh.

As to regard sending a photo by email, I will repeat: I DO NOT OWN ANY PHOTOGRAPHS OF MYSELF! Except the one of my left eye, on the right there, that is. Let that be the end of it. Or a drawing? I am not the artistic type, so I'll decline on that one too.

And so to our favourite subject, Drink. I seriously hope that you don't do a cocktail of all your favourite alcoholic beverages in one sitting! I tried something similar on a mate's stag do a few years ago, and ended up so completely out-of-it that I was found passed-out in a corner of a club! Then at the wedding a week later, I fell over a bass-bin situated on the edge of the dancefloor! Champagne was involved both times, so I've never touched that stuff since; and I haven't mixed my drinks (much) on a night out since, either. I only really drink beer and red wine these days, anyway. I'm way to old for the strong stuff; makes me gag. Oh, the other reason for giving up spirit type drinks is the hazy memory of too much Absinthe in Prague a while ago. Yuck!! pale

Til next time........ x
sotired
sotired

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Jaguar Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Shame on me! Totally missed that yesterday was Bastille Day. (Thanks for decorating the place up for the celebration! drunken ) Kind of ironic; Roland Park is somewhat of an upscale neighborhood. You'd think they'd want to keep we underlings quiet. Then again, they are notorious for taking all of our fun away from us and claiming it for themselves. Just look at all the cool little divey artist neighborhoods and communities that they take over and push us out of after we've revitalized dying neighborhoods.

"How cool. A celebration of kicking out the scumbag royalty and becoming a republic! Why can't a revolution happen here? "Salut!" to the French."
Tell me about it! We could sorely use another one here with the Nazification of America that's taking place! It's now like early Weimer Germany and the many brain dead sheeple can't or refuse to see it. La mort au roi! Vivent longtemps les Français! J'aime les Français! I love you

So that one eye pic explains those wrap around glasses. Rolling Eyes Are you wearing eye make-up? Or does it just appear that way due to the extreme close-up? What about the green eyeliner? Eyeliner or is the photo touched up? Looks pretty cool from the tiny, tiny bit that I can see. You ought to get a little more confidence and experiment with some self photos, even if you end up Photoshopping them. They might turn out better than you fear. If not, there's always the delete button, assuming you use a digital camera. I know, I know. You don't 'own' a camera. Borrow one or get a trusted friend to take a few. Get them to download them into your computer and then make them delete them from their camera before they leave if you are too freaked out by them.

I'll remember that if you ever do make it to Baltimore, not to take you on the 'champagne tour'. I love a good champagne but the ones on the lower end are nasty. One of the worst hangovers too! Horrendous headaches! The best champagne that I've had was a bottle I sprung for years ago. It was a bottle of a Venice Simplon Orient Express champagne. Simply delicious! Much, much better than a Dom Perignon. Delicate reds are good. Like I said, I like all kinds but drink very lightly so I can enjoy it; not suffer from it. Kind of like driving down the highway. You get up to a certain speed but then you level off and/or maintian or the results would surely be disasterous.

Who does your make-up? Was it you or did you get someone to do it for you? queen (Seriously though, I have no problems at all with men wearing make-up. I just like ragging on you. Twisted Evil Laughing )

Ta ta, Pretty Boy. Talk to you later. Wink
DJ Jaguar
DJ Jaguar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down